Tuesday, July 29, 2014

MTC Week #3

Bonjour!!!!

I feel so bad because there really isn't much to write about because it's all the same. Which is fine, but you don't really get to hear that much about how i'm doing. But i'm half way there!!!!!!!! August 18th! our zone leaders leave next week for Canada which is really weird. Each week is going by so fast. All the days go by slowly but it's crazy that I've been here for three weeks already. I feel so not ready to leave in three weeks. I've learned a lot of French but its not even close to something good enough to go out to the mission field in. Clarissa tell all my friends that they need to write me! also I print any emails i got during the week on Tuesday mornings before breakfast so if you want to write me before today so I can read them before I get on the computer that would be awesome! But I'd love to just here from anyone! Dear Elders are the best I love getting them please keep on sending them (and tell all my friends to send them too!

It still hasnt really hit me that I'm going to be in Paris in a few weeks. I'm so excited! I'm going to be in France, speaking french, and understanding it! I seriously cant wait to be fluent, I just want to be there now! but I really have improved a lot in just three weeks. looking back on that first Friday when we taught our first lesson in french is crazy. Back then I had word for word notes and today I just write down each topic I want to discuss (in English) and some scriptures and I can teach in French! Although there's a lot of times that I just sit there trying to figure out what to say. But I love it! It's stressful but I always come out feeling amazing! Although in one of my lessons with Soeur Cook (who's pretending to be Vahina) she stood up in the middle of me speaking and said I'm sorry my baby's crying and left the room! It was so awkward because I was talking about something important and I didn't know what to do. But yeah.... it was awkward.

Anyway don't know what else to say. Thank you for the packages! Dad that's so cool that you served with Frere Blosil's dad! the world is a small one, especially in the mtc. But I didn't get that dear elder until after I had had the class with Frere Blosil and apparently he forgot to mention it to me. But yeah Frere Blosil is so awesome. To bad he served in Lyon not Paris, cause then it would have been even cooler.

I totally forgot to tell you again this week. I wrote it to Clarissa in a letter home, but I figure i might as well make sure that you all know. Two weeks ago we got French speaking missionaries. As in they're fluent in french and speak little if not any English. they're going to Tahiti which the mission has two languages French and Tahitian. So they didn't have to learn french like everyone else. The one sister companionship are both from New Caledonia and the one elder companionship are from France. It is the coolest thing to talk to them, but also awkward because I can barely understand their french and they can barely understand my english. But one of the elders goes on splits with an elder in my district on sundays because their companions have zone meetings. it is so cool! I don't really talk to him at all... but I can kind of understand him. two sundays ago I spoke one thing to him in french and I was so proud that I got the courage to say something. It was really easy all I said was I play the flute (we were talking about instruments) but it was still awesome. But they're like celebrities for all the french speakers.

Sad I'm missing the reunion, tell everyone I say hello. and have an awesome time there. I see Karli like everyday in the bookstore. So it's nice to see some family. Okay, I thinks that's all for this email.

Je vous aime!

Soeur Farmer

No comments:

Post a Comment