Wednesday, July 23, 2014

MTC Week #2

This week was great! basically the same thing every day. I know I said I want packages and stuff, but I got 6 packages of food last week and there's just too much. you can still send me packages just not 6 in 3 days hahah. Also if your gonna send me a dear elder package, don't send the caramel popcorn, there was only one bag of caramel popcorn and the other bag was watermelon popcorn, it tasted disgusting. I love hearing from you guys! sounds like everything's going well. 

Just going to answer some questions people asked me. My zone leaders district consists of the two companionship's you saw in the photo from las week. their district was suposed to have two girl companionship's and 2 elder companionship's, but one elder and sister never showed up, so that's their district. Of all the people going to paris on their mission, i'm not wuite sure about the total amount. there's one other district with everyone going to paris and then theres another district that only the sisters and one elder companionship are going to paris, and the rest are going to lyon. So I think theres 16 sisters going and 12 maybe 14 elders going to paris and we all reported the same day, so a lot of people are going in my group. I don't remember if there's aany other questions you had so if I didn't answer them, feel free to ask me now.

My companion and I were the first to commit our investigator to baptism from our district! which is awesome because we're the companionship with the least amount of language experience.  And now our investigator is our teacher! haha but i kind of saw it coming. So now we have two teachers. Frere Blosil and Soeur Cook. They're both awesome and are really helping me with the language. On yesterday we didn't have our teachers though. instead two other french teachers came in, taught a lesson about teaching, and then we acted a door approach out with them. The first teacher I couldn't understand him when he was speaking english so there was no way I could understand him in french. so teaching him was hard. But the second teacher was awesome! It was the first time I taught without notes planned out of what I was going to say. It's amazing! that I was able to teach a 20 minute lesson with no notes!We're supposed to be speaking french at breakfast and lunch now and I'm surprised at how well I actually can talk to people, even though most of what we've learned is all teaching lessons bearing testimony and praying. 

On sunday T.C Christensen came and spoke to us. He was the director of 17 miracles, Ephraims Rescue, and a bunch of other church movies. So that was cool. I really don't know what to write you because every day is the same, and nothing grand has happened. I've written a letter home and sent it on Saturday, I don't know if you got it. Okay well I think that's all. I'll send photos in another email if I can find a computer that will actually work. Love you all and miss you so much!

Je vous aime!

Soeur Farmer

No comments:

Post a Comment