Sunday, August 10, 2014

MTC Week #4

Bonjour!

So a lot happened this week but also not a ton.

Last Tuesday we had the actual missionary from that Disney movie about a missionary with Anne Hathaway in it (something Heaven)  speak to us. yeah it was super cool. You are now talking to the new Branch Online Coordinator. All it means is that when the new missionaries come in tomorrow, I teach them what they can do online thats allowed and how they get around to everything. Haha its a big deal. Last wednesday our district was under quarantine because my companion thought she was going to throw up (never did), another elder did throw up, and a lot of us had headaches from lack of sleep or stress. Then on Friday Sister Kemp got sick. It was just a cough so she thought she was fine, but by Saturday evening (after the clinic had closed) she was feeling terrible. She still is sick but she got medications at the clinic. Which brings me to the story of how wonderful a day yesterday was.

Yesterday the elders were hosting all the new senior missionaries (meaning just carrying their bags for them haha) so class was just the sisters with Frere Blosil (and our zone leaders teacher also). However, the other sister had to go to the clinic, so they weren't really there for most of class. So it was my companion and I with Frere Blosil and Laguan just speaking french for two hours. And I loved it because we talked about whatever we wanted! We didn't talk about grammar or the gospel, It was just talking about our lives. Souer Bernhisel and I told our opening the call stories and it was super cool doing it all in french! At one point President Barker came to talk to Soeur Bernhisel and so it was just me talking french with my teachers like it was no big deal. It was super fun to just talk about whatever we wanted and just have one on one help with two teachers. I feel like it really helped me with being comfortable to speak french. Also my teacher is awesome. He was born in Switzerland and took German in high school and went to Lyon France on his mission. so now he can speak french, a good amount of German, and English. Okay I should probably stop just going on about what happened yesterday, but I loved it!

In two weeks I will be in Paris, that has really flown by super fast. On Friday we get our travel plans!!!!!!!! and I think we get our visa's too. so thats super cool. I can't wait. Every Friday I've been watching missionaries get their travel plans and this week it's my turn!!!!!!!!!!!!  We're no longer going to be the new missionaries in our zone. For soccer we do new vs old and now all the old are gone (except for the Tahitian missionaries, they'll still be here when we leave) so I'm the new old haha. 

I really don't know what else to write about. Thank you for the packages once again, although 3 boxes in one day was kinda pushing it. Also, mom, I got your package on Saturday night. which really sucked cause I opened it up and was so excited to dig in when my companion reminded me we were fasting... But its okay we had a feast sunday night. Also Julia why would you every decide not to send me homemade reeses (? I'll make room for them.

Can I just say how grateful I am that I didn't get called to Tahiti? Tahitian Missionaries send 6 weeks learning French and then another 6 week learning Tahitian. Also any k,c,s, (and like 5 other letters I cant think of) are all pronounced like a t like in turtle. Yeah it sucks. Even better the word for window, to explain (enlighten), and to understand are almost all the same word. All you do i put a "ha" in front of it or it has a slightly different ending. At least french makes sense.

Well I am doing well haven't gotten sick. I don't have much else to write about. I'm on for another 25 minutes so you can write me and I'll reply. 

Je vous aime beaucoup!

Soeur Farmer

No comments:

Post a Comment