Friday, September 4, 2015

troisième ville!

Hey family! So I'm out of Antony! And I'm going to Toul!

So Toul is a tiny town in the east of France... There is no public transport.... So we have a CAR! It is the only Soeur ville in all the mission to have a car. Also we're the only companionship in the ville. Okay so I won't be driving because my u.s. drivers license is only valid for 1 year in France so that's up... But I still get to be in a car! 

So yeah that's the news on the ville! I'm super excited! My new companion is someone that I've met like twice and each time I thought "I want to be her companion!" Her name is Soeur Clements and she's my first companion younger than me (besides Soeur dechesne).

Also Soeur pettingill opened the ville for soeurs before she went to angers. And Soeur asay was in Toul before becoming my stl. So I've only heard amazing things! Did I mention it's a branch? Well it is. This is a ville of firsts

First Branch, first car, first only soeurs ville. I'm just super excited!

Other than that this week was bittersweet! Said goodbye to a lot of people. 

Saturday I said goodbye to Marie. Update on Marie... There's some complicated things and so she won't be able to be baptized in the near future. But we're working hard with her and she's doing all she can so that she can get baptized. So that's good! Sunday I said goodbye to basically the whole ward. And I gave my first talk!  I guess I did give a talk at Edna's baptism, but the whole ward wasn't there... So yeah, I was really surprised at how well it went. I like didn't even look at my notes. And I was very impressed with my French! I thought back to when I was in angers giving my goodbye testimony. And now after seven months, I gave a 10 minute talk! So that was super cool.

After church we went and ate with Reyna. I had to say goodbye to her too! And the goodbye sucked cause  we were walking to the train and I thought we had missed it, but we got to the quai and it was there so I turned quickly to Reyna gave her a bisou and then I ran as I was yelling je vous aime! So terrible! But before the train doors closed she also got through the pass check thing and she yelled je te telephone! And I said ok, then the doors shut and she was gone. Oh my goodness I was holding back tears on the train

And then we went to Edna's... We had an awesome time, she made a cake for me. And when it was time to leave we hugged for what seemed like 5 minutes and I started crying and this time I couldn't hold it back. I'm going to miss her so much! I cried down the elevator and then we get a call from her saying we left something... So then I had to say goodbye again! It was so sad!

On the other hand church was awesome! We get to church and there's two girls taking pictures in front of the church. Turns out one is from Barcelona and the other is from Peru. And guess what?! They were both baptized at the beginning of August! They happened to find each other one day in the street, found out they were both members and then found the address to the church! How cool is that? Two solid recent converts just got given to us from out of nowhere.

Also Saturday the Paris ward had a fireside about the Book of Mormon. I played the flute for divin amour (our savior's love) with a quartet also. It was super good. All missionaries within the navigo zones were invited. And guess who else? President and Soeur babin. Not only were they invited they spoke. Soeur babin taught the restoration. It was perfect in every way! I stole some of her ideas for my talk. It was so cool! I loved the whole night!

I think that's it for this week. Sorry that it's long! There's a lot to talk about.

Hope you had an amazing week! I love you all! 

Gros bisous! 
Soeur farmer
1) Goodbye to Marie

2) The district

3) Goodbye to Reyna

No comments:

Post a Comment