Monday, September 1, 2014

Angers email and pictures

Bonjour!

Okay this week. I don't even know where to begin. the language is so hard. i just keep getting down on myself because I want to be better at the language already. I'm learning and improving, but I feel like I'm getting less confident which sucks. I can't wait for the day when I can say i'm fluent. but until then I must work.
French food.... so amazing, everything I eat is so good! you'd be surprised that I'm starting to like some cheeses. but apparently its just the mild ones.

Tuesday we had our district meeting in Nantes afterwards we had exchanges. So I stayed in Nantes for a day. Everyone said that Angers is the best ville, but I didn't realize it. Nantes wasn't French looking. Angers has the perfect french style and it's not to big and not to small. Also people in Angers are so nice.  Contacting in Nantes is impossible. You say "bonjour madame" and she sticks her hand in your face and keeps walking, and that happens each time. In Angers the people are at least nice enough to stop realize what your saying and then say "oh no merci, bonjournée" so yeah, but it was still fun to do exchanges.
Something I forgot to tell you last email is the mission rules. in the France Paris Mission we are not allowed to contact Muslims (kind of obvious) and sisters aren't allowed to contact men. So when we contact we can only go up to women and couples together. So it kind of sucks. If a man talks to us we can talk to him but as soon as possible refer him to the elders.
Okay another miracle happened this week! We have another amis! Her name is Emma, she's Chinese and she doesn't speak French, just Chinese and English! so we get to teach her in English, which is really cool, I like it a lot, but it's weird. She went on mormon.org and had tons of questions for us and whenever we answer then she says it make sense. She's turning 23 in November so she's Julia's age. She's super fun to be with! So we have two amazing amis, Emma and Jessie. they both are progressing amazingly.

Last Monday after pday was over we taught one of our amis in the park. but it started to lightly rain so we took out our umbrellas and shared two amongst three of us. We were half way through the lesson when it because a downpour. We were still managing with two umbrellas though so we continued. By the time we were done my companion and I were soaked! our amis wasn't cause she was hogging the umbrella's, but whatever. We walked her back to her apartment and then walked home. We had planned to contact but no one was out so we just went back to the apartment and made some calls. I know it rains alot in Seattle and that there are downpours, but I realized that I've never walked around in one. Back home I'm inside or in a car. now I have no car and I'm going to have to get used to walking outside.
I had my first French meal with a member it was good. They actually have the different courses and don't bring them out until it's finished. Also another thing I love about the French. they have a baguette with every meal and they use it to wipe the plate clean after your done eating. So if you have sauce on your plated you wipe it with a piece of the baguette and eat it. so cool!
I gave my first invitation to baptism! It was a soft invite, but it was awesome. We were giving Jessie a church tour and we stopped  by the baptismal font, talked about baptism and then I invited her. she said it was a big decision and that she'd need to think about it. But it was awesome!

On Thursday were going to Paris for my companions  legality.  it's also her one year mark so that'll be a fun celebration. although our train is at 6 in the morning so that wont be fun...
So that's basically been my week. The mission is hard, but I've grown so much! I am so grateful for this gospel. Each day I tell people that I am here in France for 18 months because I know that my faith in Jesus Christ has helped my life. And it's so true, each time I say it. None of us are perfect, but I'm so grateful that we can become better through Christ. I'm constantly trying to be a better person and to be closer to Christ and I have seen how much Heavenly Father has helped me as I do these things. I'm so grateful I have a loving Heaving Father and brother that loves each and everyone of us, and will do anything to help us if we ask. l'eglise est vrai!
Je vous aime beaucoup!
~Soeur Farmer

Angers castle from across the river.

My first croque monsieur and raspberry pastry during exchanges. Croque monsieur is an amazing french grilled cheese sandwich

A chapel in Saint Sylvan

Also i went to my first french cemetery

No comments:

Post a Comment