Saturday, August 30, 2014

First Area -Angers France

Hi, i don't know where to begin. okay so spent a few days in Paris which was cool. We stayed in a really small hotel... with three of us in one room so that was interesting. that first night i took a shower and was writing in my journal waiting for someone else to get out of the shower. but i got the line "i made it through the first day" and then passed out haha... don't worry i woke up when they got out of the shower and finished the entry, I got assigned to Angers (not pronounced like angry more like Enjay), and my companion is Soeur Pettingill. she's from California and she is awesome. i'm learning so much already.
we go contacting for the majority of the day so my legs are so tired! but its awesome. we switch off every other one. basically we just say "hi, my name is Soeur Farmer and i'm from america but i'm in France for 18 months just so i can.... (and then share something with them)" i had someone laugh at me while i was speaking but i don't even care.
I feel like the language is getting harder. the first day i could understand for the most part but as the days go by i can understand people less and less. church was interesting. we were teaching the jeunes (16-17) and i got to speak English! we did an  object lesson where i talked about my family in English and then afterward we compared it to talking to non members about the gospel using words they don't know. the class was really rowdy and not paying attention, and my companion didn't warn them so as soon as i started speaking English it was dead silent, it was cool. but it was so intimidating speaking in french to them the rest of the time.
okay the food here is amazing! i'm so lucky to be in France where its beautiful and has amazing food, and the people in Angers are so nice, Guess what? we live above a boulangerie (bakery) and every morning I wake up, it smells like heaven. I wish I could just eat there every day. I've had pain de chocolat which is famous here. and i'm having kebab's for lunch today. excited for that, but yeah Frances is amazing. btw i realized i'd never seen a swan before... don't worry i have now. they're beautiful.
also by the way, my Soeur Bernhisel got one of the two Tahitian trainers who speaks barely any English, so that'll be an awesome experience for her.
we got a new amis (investigator), and she is the perfect amis , especially for my first one (because she speaks so slowly). we contacted her on Saturday night. we asked her if she believed in God and she was like yeah he's blessed my life so much. i was living with my boyfriend, the father of my child and i just wasn't happy. so i prayed to God and i felt like i needed to leave my boyfriend  so i did. now i have a job, my own apartment, a car, and i'm so happy with my life and being with my son. so i know that God is there. and actually I've been searching for a church and have been praying to find one and i'm so glad that you sisters have found me. but anyway she's the perfect amis, we taught her yesterday also and the Lord has just prepared her for us, its amazing.
Okay i think that's all i have to write. I miss everyone so much! But I know that this is a great experience for me and i have been loving it. God knows everything and helps guide us in our lives. i'm so grateful for the guidance he has given me in my life and in the mission especially. God loves us all and wants to help us! by the way did anyone take my invitation to read the Book of Mormon? if not you really should it's amazing, if yes please continue to read it.
je vous aime et l'eglise est vrai!
Soeur Farmer

This photo is obviously Notre Dame, no big deal :)

Me with my mom (trainer)[center] and my grandma (my moms trainer) [left]

Me trying fancy cheese for the first time. it was good until the aftertaste tasted like chlorine...

My companion and I eating nutella panini's!

No comments:

Post a Comment