Sunday, December 13, 2015

Un Sauveur est né

So i just realized... Today is December 7th... I fly home on January
7th... That's super weird, I only have a month left....

Anyway this week was a week of music!

So sandy and I have been practicing I'm a child of God every week when
we visit her and since soeur fouti -makaya plays the flute also, we
practiced together.

Also the relief society president wanted to give the sisters a
"present" her last lesson of the year. So she's singing I feel my
Saviors love and soeur Fouti-makaya and I are accompanying her on the
flute.

Then next week we have zone conference, there are going to be a lot of
musical numbers, and we're playing a flute duet of away in a manger.
And then on top of that elder congerton in Nancy (who was in my Mtc
district) asked me to sing silent night as a duet.

So pretty much every lunch and dinner break is practicing! I even had
to transpose the harmony part of the third verse of i am a child of
God into the key that's in the hymn book. I didn't realize how much
music I had forgotten, it's bad... And on top of that, I couldn't
ask my companion for help cause she's French and they read music a
different way. Oh la la! I tried and it was like every word she said
was a language I didn't understand.

Besides that aurore is doing well, and so is serge. He's doing a lot
better! We had our dmb meeting on Wednesday and at the end of the
meeting he called serge and invited him to join us. Well serge talked
for like the first 40 minutes and Frere Benoit just helped resolve all
his conflicts! And then we all shared our testimony and then we all
shared our favorite scripture. We ended with a kneeling prayer. We saw
him later on in the week and he seemed a lot better! I also loved
this rdv because I was so touched by every ones testimony and I got
a lot of answers to questions I had lately!

However serge expressed a few days ago that he's still been smoking
each day.... But on Friday when we asked more detail he said that he
hadn't smoked since Wednesday. But when he does smoke it's from stress
late at night... So it's only once a day, if that. But still, I'm
really hoping he can quit like right now. Because I'm sure that's not
helping him feel good, but at least he came to church!

Yesterday during testimony meeting everyone bore their testimony on
Christ it was beautiful! I didn't end up sharing my testimony, but I
was so inspired by everything that was said. Since the beginning of my
mission every time the sacrament is being passed, I read the hymn I
stand all amazed (Merveilleux l'amour). The words are so beautiful. It
always makes me thankful for all the savior did for me! I am so
grateful that he was born, that he died, and that he lives again.

I've been thinking a lot lately about my mission and as I thought
about the hard times I had I felt a little bitter that I had to endure
those things but then at the same time I looked at a picture of the
savior and I realized, it's okay because I did this mission for him
and he helped me through it.

I love my savior, I know he lives, I know that he has given us his
true and everlasting gospel on the earth today. I invite you all to
watch the Christmas video of this year "A Savior is born" at
Mormon.org/Christmas or noel.mormon.org


I love you all! Have a great week!
Gros bisous!
Soeur Farmer

1. The gare in Metz!


2. Christmas lights in Toul


3. Sneak peak of our Christmas card!


4. Toul cathedral à midi la fête de St Nicolas


No comments:

Post a Comment