Tuesday, December 1, 2015

5 weeks left

This week was a great week! Monday and Tuesday we were running around
saying goodbye to everyone!

Wednesday we went to Paris! We caught our train at 6:17am, got to
Paris around 8:45 and had to say goodbye at the gare! I almost cried!

So I went to st. Merri (the Paris chapel) and we had a small formation
on training... Then the bleues came in... It went way faster than what
I remember it being when I was blue, but then again there were 31 of
us new missionaries and this time was only 10 missionaries. Well, my
new bleue is Soeur Fouti-Makaya, yeah it took me a while. And guess
what, she's French! She's from Toulouse in the south and is waiting
for her visa to go to temple square... So like I'm growing round two
training a visa waiter, but I like it better because it's just us two
and not a trio. Anyway, it was a long day, didn't get back to Toul
till 6:30.

Soeur Fouti-makaya is super nice and sweet and she's getting
missionary work down! Sometimes I forget she's brand new but she'll
give me the "i don't know what to do" look and then I remember this is
her first time ever teaching the plan of salvation or something else.
But anyway, she's fun to be with, she's always telling funny stories!
Also Soeur fouti-makaya plays the flute! So we actually are going to
performing at zone conference...

Thursday thanksgiving!!! Well we celebrated it well... We bought a
small roasted chicken and had it with the stovetop stuffing that mom
sent in a package and also apple cider! It was super good!!!!!!

Sunday we started the day pretty rough... We were singing in the choir
and Soeur Fouti-Makaya fainted! So that caused a commotion. She's
fine, though now the whole branch will know her as the Soeur who
fainted at church... So yeah, but the rest of church was good!

Eric and aurore didn't come to church, we passed by that night and
they said that they had stayed up late the night before and didn't
hear the alarm... Aurore woke up around 3:30pm...

Serge didn't come either. He didn't answer either until night time...
He didn't come to church because he didn't feel worthy, he said that
he had bad thoughts... And he has a problem with tithing now, he had a
watched a movie against the church and he said that the other things
it mentioned didn't matter, but he was against tithing all of a
sudden! He said he didn't like how people are forcing him to keep the
commandments. I told him that no one is forcing him, but they are
God's commandments and he's asked us to keep them. I also told him he
should talk to the branch president if he didn't feel worthy to come
to church... It's so sad he even said he kinda regretted his baptism
because he doesn't want to be forced to keep the commandments. But he
said that he knows that the church is true so he doesn't fully regret
his baptism, because he knows it's true, he told me that. He knows
everything about it is true, he just has a problem with tithing... I
think the movie presented it that we were rich and used tithing for
ourselves... Idk, I didn't really understand that part. But I really
hope it resolves and that he talks to the branch president.

Well folks, I've officially started my last transfer... That is super
bizarre, I don't know how to feel... I feel like I still have more
transfers.. It so weird!

Have a great week! I love you an miss you so much!!!! I loved seeing
photos of Julia's wedding! Please send me more details about it seeing
as I practically only got photos... And not even the family photo!

1. Soeur Fouti-Makaya and I


2. A picture of the church

3. Last photo in the train


4. Thanksgiving


5. Found a cat that reminded me of Kima!


No comments:

Post a Comment