Friday, October 23, 2015

Sore backs and farts

First off Soeur Clements and I are staying together!!!! Yayayayay!!!!!
We were a little scared when we opened up the email and before we open
the document the assistants wrote "lots of changes so pay close
attention to where you are going" so basically everything else in the
mission changed except for us! Ok, some other things stayed the same.
But there was a lot of unexpected changes.

Tuesday to Wednesday we had another exchange with the stls! This time
I was with Soeur Simpson so that was super fun!!! I love both of them
so much and miss living with them.

So every Thursday we visit one member whose handicapped and blind. She
actually teaches us Braille and she has us write our favorite
scripture in Braille. Anyway, she likes learning things in English so
we typed out in Braille for her "I know that my redeemer lives" in
English. So she was reading the line "calm my troubled heart" and
instead of saying heart she said fart. Hahahaha we laughed for a long
time and when we told her what she had said she laughed even harder.
There's a video of her saying it down below.

So Saturday we stocked wood for another member. This time the setup
wasn't as good and we didn't have as many people, so it was more heavy
labor. We took 4 hours and that was only for half of it! I was
exhausted literally I was falling asleep that night.

Then Saturday night our appointment fell through so we ended up trying
to contact around Toul. Just to give you another idea of how small
Toul is, we were walking the roundabout which is basically centre
ville and saw a bar closing just before 8pm. Yes on a Saturday night a
bar closed at 8pm.

Sunday morning I woke up with a super super sore back and some brutal
bruises on my arms. Literally some people do not know how to throw
wood at a person. Haha jk. Idk if there's a technique but I kinda felt
like the men at pikes place market that throw the fish. Except it was
like 10x heavier because it was wood.

Sunday at church was the best ever! Eric, Aurore, and Serge came for all
two hours! And then afterwards aurore and serge got blessings to help
them quit smoking! It was amazing and such beautiful blessings. They
both loved it! Also Eric (the less active husband of aurore) wants to
baptize both of them but doesn't have the priesthood so he's working
on getting it and he's seeing the elders quorum president this week!
It's amazing how much desire they have and how much effort they are
all putting in to prepare for their baptism!

We watched the last session of conference last week! I really liked
the one by Devon g. Durant. Ponderize! It's true that we can't
memorize everything in the scriptures. But we can ponderize them to a
point where we understand the words and the meaning. I really like the
idea of putting up scriptures so that we can read them everything we
pass by. I'm excited to start it this week and to be able to have the
scriptures to fall back on in times of need and I'm also excited to
share these scriptures with others who might be in need of them.

I hope you all have a great week! Love you and miss you tons!
Gros bisous
Soeur farmer

1. The district



2. Awkward moment when you teach a member the word fart...

3. Time lapse of us throwing wood at each other. I'm inside the door.


No comments:

Post a Comment