Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Joyeux Saint Valentin!!!!!

Okay how do I start off with this week...
So last monday I went to sacré coeur!!!!!! SO BEAUTIFUL!
Okay for tuesday i'll share with you a little miracle that happened. Lets go back to my very first transfer when I was in Paris for my legality. I was in the second group to go, so we had an hour to go out contacting, so i grabbed soeur erickson and we went contacting.
We contacted this lady she saw our name tags and was like "you're missionaries?" then she continued to tell us how she was taught by missionaries years ago when she lived in spain. She also said she didn't know that there were sister missionaries and said she'd loved to be taught by them! So i got her name and number. Then I gave them to the soeurs serving in ANTONY. However that was right before transfers so in all the mix up of that they didnt contact her, and i didnt think to call them to make sure they contacted her.
Fast forward to me coming to ANTONY. Its like my 3rd day here and I remembered about Emma, the lady i contacted 6 MONTHS AGO.  so i ask soeur tehoiri "have you ever heard of an Emma Edith?" she said no and then looked in the record books for all the contacts... NOT EVEN IN THERE! So I go to my very first planner and find the number she wrote down in my planner and her name. So I call her and we set up a rdv for tuesday. 
Tuesday we meet her at the metro station closest to the church, she shows up with her daughter. And Emma recognized me!!!!! so then we walked to the church and gave her a tour and taught her a lesson and soft invited her to be baptized and she said yes! it was really an amazing lesson! I loved it. She was supposed to come to church on sunday, but she didn't show up :( But I'll keep you updated.
Okay, now to the other half of the week...
Wednesday we get a call from the doctors and we have an appointment to see the anesthesiologist. So we show up and they tell me that actually, they're just going to do the operation today, right then! ok well not right then, i waited like 2 hours but pretty much right then. So they make me change into hospital clothes and then the roll me  into the elevator and down to the surgery rooms. 
I almost started laughing. But really, you know in the movies how it looks when they're performing a serious surgery like open heart surgery. That's what it looked like!!! They even were monitoring my heart! but anyway they set everything up all seriously taking like 30 minutes and then they numb my toes and perform the "surgery" within like 10 minutes max. and then they wrap my feet in ginormous bandages. A member came and picked us up and I spent the rest of the night in the apartment.
Okay the next day was zone conference and I could walk, it was just hard because i have giant bandages so (don't laugh)... Our ZL gave me his giant pair of sperry's. So i walked (slowly) to the metro and then from the metro to our meeting. I should have never gone... I don't think i'm going to ever live it up. Don't worry, photos were taken, just not on my camera, so sorry you don't get to see them. 
So then we get back from zone conference and the nurse comes to change my bandages to smaller ones.... Oh boy did she get mad at me for walking outside the day after my operation... So she forbade me to leave the apartment for 48 hours.
Friday longest day of my life! saturday was better cause it was valentines day, so we baked goodies all day! and the other soeurs came home and gave us roses and chocolate!!!!!! but we got them by heart attacking their door;
But sunday we went to church and then the other soeurs did exchanges with us cause we had set up two rdvs. so soeur sorenson and i stayed inside and watched ephraims rescue and some other movies. and soeur tehoiri and mason went out and taught the less active lady from mexico!!!!! She's going to come to church next sunday! yay!
So that was my week! I got the permission on saturday to leave the apartment and walk for like 1 hour each day... So yeah the next week will be fun... Love you all and have a good week!
Bisous!!!!
~Soeur Farmer

1. Valentines day!


2.Me with my big feet...

3. My mtc comp, and her trainer (soeur tehoiri) and me

4.Sorry boys not single

5.We baked a lot....

No comments:

Post a Comment