Saturday, February 14, 2015

Iaorana!!!! <----- I'm learning tahitian!

 Jk i'm still working on french first. 
I'm now in Paris!!!! Okay so my week was amazing!!!!!! but at the same time pretty terrible.
Lets start with the bad. Okay so i got ingrown toenails on both of my big toes this past week. Which is fine, i tried to get them out and i couldn't but it still wasnt bad, i called the mission nurse to see  what i could do. She told me a few things blah blah blah. Okay, so transfer days come and ça va my feet are kinda hurting me. But its okay. We take the metro to what we call le plan de salut area at chatelet. I get out of the metro trip over my suitcases (klutz i know) and came down hard hitting my left foot down toes first.... It was almost impossible to walk the rest of the day. So i'm not gonna go into details about how gross my toe looks right now... but i went to the doctors friday and he said that I need surgery on my left toe and might as well take care of the other one at the same time.
Problem, we have to go through the missionary insurance for everything and the office wouldnt let us set up a rdv before going to the insurance. so... I still don't have a rdv for my surgery (today on monday) because the insurance company gets weekends off... But its okay because the doctor gave me stuff to help the pain and everything and so it really doesnt hurt at all now! but it still looks disgusting.... So there's my gross bad part of the week
Good things this week!

1.IT SNOWED A LOT IN ANGERS!!!!! granted it was probably like 1 cm, but it stuck! and it was coming down super hard! So yeah it was amazing!!!! then i got to paris and it snowed too!!! it was weak, but still it was snow.
2. I'M IN PARIS!!!! everyday my companion points out every tourist thing. I see the eiffel tower at a distance everyday! also one of the metro stops that's by our house is right next to the catacombs! even with all the problems with my feet, I haven't been happier in my life. I just can't believe it, I LIVE IN PARIS!
3. We found a less active from mexico! We were doing some contacting and we contacted this one woman, she was not interested at all!  but we kept talking anyway and then soeur tehoiri introduced herself and showed her badge and the lady was like "la Iglesia de Jesu Cristo de los Santos de las ultimas Dias?" and we were like SI!!!!!! and she said "je suis membre!" so then we helped her with her groceries and ate with her. Its been 25 years since she moved to france and the only contact she had with the church since then is when she goes on vacation to mexico and then she goes to church there. So that was super cool that we found her! we're going over next sunday after church! so excited, she's so sweet!
Anyway i love it here in paris and i love soeur tehoiri. We have an absolute blast together. Well I hope you all have a good week. Can't wait to hear about Alicia's baby! Sad I just barely missed it, but i have to go visit paris for pday! duh!!!! Okay well I love you all! 
Bonne semaine et gros bisous!
Soeur Farmer

1. Snow in Angers!

2.Last pain au chocolat aux amandes from my boulangerie :(


3. sat next to a nun on the train to paris

4.Less active family we found

5. view of paris from a part of our area!



No comments:

Post a Comment