Thursday, October 30, 2014

Weird Week

This week was good too! this is probably going to be a short one again though, sorry.
First of all keep me updated on marysville pilchuck! thats so scary! also all of you siblings need to keep me updated on your lives because i just got an email from mom saying Julia broke up with her boyfriend that i didnt even know she had.... 
Also sadly france doesn't really do halloween. it's more for like the 5 year olds and under. most french people hate it because it's an "american" holiday. so no haloween over here. they do however celebrate Toussaint november 1st, the day to celebrate all the saints. and france does a lot of vacations, so they get two weeks off just for that one day. its kinda ridiculous

But anyway this week was good. I guess I'll just write about one miracle that happened this week. We were waiting at a bus stop and soeur p started talking to a lady and her son. we missed our bus to give her our card, and got on the same bus as her which really only put us like a two minute walk farther from our apartment. but she didnt continue to talk to us on the bus and it was really sad because soeur p felt we really needed to talk to her, but we didn't get her number. then a few days later we felt like we needed to pass by an old amis, so we did and she wasn't there. but her neighbors below were being really loud, so we decided to ask if the old amis still lives there. We knock, the door opens, and its her! the lady from the bus stop! she was so surprised she asked us how we found her. haha but anyway now we have her address, so a phone number isnt really needed. But yeah that was our miracle this week.
yesterday i heard a new pick-up line. I dont think it really works especially if you say it to missionaries haha. two guys came up to us and asked if we had any cigarettes. We taught them the restoration haha. but it was hilarious because in the middle of the conversation smoking got brought up again and we said again that we don't smoke and then they said neither do we. And then they confessed that they were just trying to start a conversation to talk to us cause we were pretty. Haha, so someone can try that pick up line and see how it goes, but don't try it on a missionary
mimi is progressing still! we went over the baptismal interview questions with her and found out where she stood on the whole law of chastity thing. and we dont know exactly where she stands but we think she's going to brake up with her boyfriend. at first she said she had a dream that she needed to stay with him. But then we were talking about how he can change with the gospel of Jesus Christ and she just kept saying, no he'll never change. he's immature and not good for me and doesnt care about our children and stuff like that. so we think she's breaking up with him but continue to pray for her so she can know what to do and be prepared for her baptism in two weeks.

This week was a good week, but also a weird week. I just was feeling so discouraged for no reason. I was happy with my progress in the language, our lessons, everything, but i still just felt not good inside. So i got a blessing. It was so good, i love the priesthood. It's seriously amazing that the elder who doesn't know anything about whats going on in my mind can have the power to give me a blessing where he basically reads my mind. The funny thing is some of it i didnt even realize i was thinking that until he said it. I didnt even know what to expect from the blessing, but it was perfect. It just talked about how God hears every single one of my prayers, my questions, and pleadings for help. and that right now i'm trying to find out how the Holy Ghost works through me and that God is helping me with that and that I need to "continue to talk to Him and he'll talk to me".  Then he talked about how i'm supposed to be here and that I shouldnt doubt my mission, that i'm doing what the lord wants me to do right now. And that i need to be patient with myself, that's something i really struggle with. I'm actually very patient in a lot of ways, but not at all patient with myself. And then he told me that i'd been given the gift of tongues and that my confidence and such has really helped me through this situation that others wouldnt be able to go through. and he also said I had the gift of kindness and that i bring a light to the room that makes others feel comfortable. but yeh that's all i can remember off the top of my head. it really was a beautiful blessing.  but yeah i didnt even know that i was doubting my mission, but apparently subconsciously i had. also it was really good to hear the first thing come out of his mouth in the blessing was that the Lord hears every single one of my prayers.
Love you all so much, please continue to email me I love hearing from everyone always, so yeah just write me.
Je vous aime tous!!!!!!
~Soeur Farmer

P.S we're finally going to the castle today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lots of photo's next week! also tomorrow we're going to paris (again!) to pick up soeur p's carte de séjour. haha so that'll be fun.

1. our soirée familiale with emma and fei fei


2. someone sticky-noted the tram stop to be pac man


3. I don't know if i've already said this, but there is  a piano in every gare available for people to play whenever they want. Its really cool, i like it when people play it, and are actually good!





No comments:

Post a Comment