Thursday, January 1, 2015

Bonne Année!!!!!!!

Okay well obviously this week was awesome because it was Christmas!!!!!!!! and I got to skype you all!

Okay christmas eve was super fun! we went to the bishops house for christmas, so everything was in english! we had goose- super good! it was super fun. we ended up playing spoons. at first the punishment was you had to drink a glass of water, but that was kinda lame. so we changed it to you had to drink a little bit of vinegar.... that only lasted one round. But Soeur Rasmussen actually did it! she chose the raspberry vinegar, thinking it would be better- NOPE! haha it was hilarious! but yeah then we changed the punishment back to water, but a jar full instead of a just a glass. so that was christmas eve. got to stay out till 10:30 (the normal time for going to bed) went to bed by 10:40 but literally, felt like it was SUPER late.

Christmas day we got to sleep in!!!!!! we slept in till 9 :) then we opened presents and then just took our time getting ready for the day. had cinnamon rolls that a member had made for us! and then soeur rio picked us up at 1 and we spent the rest of the day there. had another really nice roast dinner! and an english tradition is to have "christmas crackers". two people pull at both ends and there's a little spark with a crack and inside is a paper crown and a little toy! so fun! then we watched despicable me 2- so funny!!!!! and then I skyped you all! man it was so nice to see you all! it went by too fast! but i guess it'll just be less than 6 months till I skype you again, and i'm almost at my 6 month mark! so i guess it'll go by fast.

Friday was weekly planning, saturday we just did a lot of finding. We actually were stopping by all the less actives that live in angers- all three of them... the rest live an hour bus ride away... and we visited this lady and turns out she's completely active! she just hasn't been to church since my first month here because they're remodeling their house. and so when i read her name on the repertoire i didnt recognize it, but apparently she was there the first few weeks I was here, but I don't remember it because I was trying to getg to know everyone and speak their language.... another weird thing, we visited her and she was like yeah my grand-daughter is getting blessed in sacrament tomorrow so i'll be there. haha so weird we passed by her right before she came to church.

Sunday church was really good. Juliette Chevé who is 19 got her mission call finally! she turned her papers in before i got to Angers.... so it's been 6 months. anyway, she's going to the scottland/ireland mission! so cool! she was like one of 4 waiting for a call, so we'll see if the others get theirs soon. we have a lot of children, youth, and young adults in our ward-more than most french wards. so anyway sunday we found another chinese amis!!!!!! yay for asians! also sunday night we felt like we should go see this one ami, but she wasnt there, but then I remembered there was an old ami that lived nearby. I had only taught her once like my 2nd week here in angers. I didnt have her address so I was going off of memory... I FOUND IT! I don't know how but I did. anyway, sang for her prayed with her and shared the he is the gift video. and we have another appointment with her. amazing that we found her just on my memory from 4 months ago. 

so yeah that was my week. it was a pretty good one. this week is new years eve and new years. not spending new years eve at a members, but we'll celebrate on our own. then we have new years to sleep in and do whatever we want. then we're going over to the chevé's and we get to watch Frozen!!!!!! i'm so excited! and then have dinner and chill with them. so it's basically the same as christmas day, but we don't get to skype again :/

I just love the spirit of christmas, people let us sing for them AFTER christmas, I don't know if that'd work in the U.S. but we just tell everyone its an american tradition (they don't go caroling here) and everyone just takes our word for it. but anyway christmas is just a wonderful time of the year! I love you nice and kind everyone is during it and it absolutely is the best to be here as a representative of Christ during the celebration of his birth! I hope everyone can always keep the spirit of christmas with them through out the year. And always remember Christ throughout the year!

Love you all so much and miss you tons! have a great week!

~Soeur Farmer

1. Me with my christmas crown from the christmas cracker

2.Soeur Rasmussen drinking vinegar... I have a video i'll put in the dropbox

3.my roast dinner, and that's a christmas cracker right next to my plate.

4. went to the castle earlier today! still so beautiful!

5.just the french flag on the castle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment